Action 5 – [WA STATE] – Support Universal Healthcare I-1600
Whole Washington is an ambitious group of citizens and healthcare professionals, determined to bring universal healthcare coverage to Washington State through a ballot initiative. The organization was formed in January 2017, and since then they have been getting endorsements and supporters from all over the state. Sara So presented to Indivisible Eastside at our February meeting.
I-1600 is a single comprehensive package that will cover all essential health benefits including:
- Hospital services, hospital-based outpatient care, and 24-hour-a-day emergency services.
- Primary and preventive care services, including chronic disease management.
- Prescription drugs, medical devices, and biological products.
- Mental health and substance abuse treatment services.
- Laboratory, diagnostic imaging, and other diagnostic services.
- Reproductive, maternity, and newborn care.
- Pediatric primary and specialty care.
- Palliative care and end-of-life care services.
- Oral health, audiology, and vision services.
- Short-term rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices.
Find out more about this Initiative on the Whole Washington website FAQ page.
For this initiative to be successful, 300,000 signatures need to be collected by July 1. This is huge undertaking. Ballot initiatives typically have paid signature collectors – but there is no funding to support that for this critical measure. Signature collection is up to us.
How you can help:
📋 Sign up to receive a petition by mail and get your friends and neighbors to sign
This is a pledge to get 10 or more signatures from WA voters. IMPORTANT NOTES: The petition is a legal document, cannot be copied or cut up, and must be mailed in a separate envelope. You will need to send the original, with the Petition Gatherer section completely filled in. [Directions will be provided!]