62 people responded to our 2019 Survey giving us valuable insights into who we are and where we’re taking our activism. Visit the Survey Results page for details. Here is the list of resources to use to become more engaged in local, state and national activism.
☑ Survey questions: (number who chose this)
I am interested in working with others on the following topic(s):
☑ 2021 Redistricting/2020 Census (13)
☑ WA State Tax Structure (9)
☑ Medicare for All/Healthcare for All (18)
☑ Becoming more connected with Indivisible National (4)
☑ Voting Rights/Voter Suppression/Voting Reform/Ranked Choice Voting (25)
☑ Immigration (8)
☑ Gun Safety (12)
☑ Climate Change/Environmental Issues (8)
☑ Other (4)
? Join us at an upcoming Indivisible Eastside Group Meeting where you can connect with others on these topics and more.
I am interested in:
☑ Contacting my US Congressperson and Senators via email/phone (53)
☑ Contacting my WA Representatives and Senator via email/phone (51)
? Make sure you’re signed up for the Weekly Actions email to receive one email per week with 3 actions and calendar of events. You can do this on any page of our website, or reply to this email.
☑ Being part of a planning team for Rallies/Protests (5)
? The July 12th “Lights For Liberty Signwaving event” at Redmond Downtown Park was a successful, energizing event organized by a newly formed rally/protest group. Email Micheala if you’re interested in helping with this and she will add you to the Indivisible Eastside Rally organizing team!
☑ Being IE “Point of Contact” with state legislators for my district (5)
? Thank you for being willing to be our “go-to” person for communication with legislators in your LD. Suggested activities include:
- Sign up for your legislators’ newsletters. If there are some interesting legislative tidbits, or actionable items, share on Slack for inclusion in weekly actions newsletter.
- Join Indivisible Eastside’s Slack Workspace for organized communication and collaboration
- Keep tabs on Town Halls being offered by your legislators and let IE know so we can publicize.
- If possible, attend IE Group meetings to share snapshot of Legislative work being done – or forward a short report someone else can share.
☑ Being “Point of Contact” with CD 1 Suzan DelBene and CD 9 Adam Smith’s staff members (2)
? Thank you for being willing to be our “go-to” person for communication with your Congressperson’s district office.
- Sign up for your congressperson’s newsletters. If there are some interesting tidbits or actionable items, share on Slack for inclusion in weekly actions newsletter.
- Attend Monthly Meeting with Rep. Pramila Jaypal and Rep. Adam Smith’s staff – 4th Tuesday of each month from 11:45-1:30 in Seattle.
- Coming Sep 2019 – Monthly meetings with Rep. Suzan DelBene’s staff in Bothell office. Email Joan Y to participate.
Keep tabs on Town Halls being offered by your congressperson and let IE know so we can publicize
☑ Being a “Point of Contact” between IE and other organizations (8)
? Thank you for keeping us in the loop of activities from other groups your involved with, or forwarding actions from them. Here are ways you can help.
- If there are some interesting educational information or actionable items, share by email or on Slack for inclusion in weekly actions newsletter (see Actions Proposal suggestions)
- If you would like to offer a 10-15 minute from your organization, please let us know and we’ll schedule you into future meetings as time allows.
☑ Joining the Alphabet Resistance mailing list
? We’re out monthly in Bellevue to protest the most recent atrocities. Visit our YouTube Channel to see short videos of past actions. If you would like to join, email email@example.com and we’ll add you to the email list.
☑ Hosting a Postcards To Voters gathering (14)
? Thank you for being willing to host a Postcards To Voters gathering. We hope to schedule one hosted event per month starting in March. Hosting includes:
- Supplying a location that can accommodate 14 or more participants
- Events are typically 2 hours.
- Candidates are not known until a couple of days before the event.
- Supplying light refreshments. (beverages and some nibbles)
- IE supplies postcards, stamps, addresses, instructions, clipboards, pens, stickers, publicity and registration.
- Email Louise and indicate a few dates/times that would work for you and we’ll do the rest.
☑ Helping with Weekly Actions Email (Actions Proposal) (2)
? Do you have an idea for future Weekly Actions? Email Louise to submit your idea. Your input is greatly appreciated, and please understand that depending on current events, we can’t guarantee yours will be picked. To submit an idea, please:
- Submit proposals for the Weekly Actions by Thursday midnight for an action the following week!
- Include the action to be taken (who to contact – HOUSE, SENATE, LEGISLATURE, AGENCY),
- Include details about the bill (e.g. bill numbers) or regulation, when the action will no longer be effective
- Include how it Resists the Trump agenda, or forwards progressive candidates
- Link to news article
☑ Working with my city council on local and state issues (10)
? Indivisible Kirkland has created a strong partnership with the City of Kirkland in the areas of Gun Safety and Racial Bias. If you’d like to learn from their experience and spread their activism to your city, connect with Sarah F. Additionally, you can submit Action Proposals to the IE Newsletter (see above) to share actions members can take for your city
☑ Being media contact for my city’s newspaper or other media (3)
? Thank you for volunteering to be a media contact for your local newspaper. When we have something newsworthy to share, we’ll reach out to you for an assist.
☑ Becoming an acting PCO for a precinct (3)
? The elections of Democratic Precinct Committee Officers (PCOs) was last August, but you can still serve as an acting PCO for any unserved precinct. This is a vital way to help Get Out The Vote, and be an important part of the Democratic party.
- First: learn about becoming a PCO from the WA Dems
- Then: Find out what Precinct you live in by entering your address on the website
- Then, Look up your precinct in this table to find out if it’s covered.
- Then, Connect with your LD to find out about:
- becoming a PCO in the 41st LD
- becoming a PCO in the 45th LD
- becoming a PCO in the 48th LD
- 1st LD Dems (no PCO info, but there is contact info)
? Please Email Us with any questions, and thank you for your interest.
Indivisible Eastside Steering
Allison, Marcelle, Rhiannon, Jennifer, Joan, Louise, Linda, Ananth and Hanna