Postcard Pop-Up: Juanita Beach Park
When: Wednesday August 24, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Where: Juanita Beach Park – covered picnic table area near the playground
9703 Juanita Dr NE, Kirkland, WA 98034
What: Write postcards to support higher turnout among likely progressive voters
- For maximum safety, we will meet at the outdoor picnic tables (open-air area with roof—see photo).
- Arrive any time between 6:30 pm and 8:00 pm. You can stay and write with us or simply pick up a postcard packet to be completed at home–or do both!
- Optional–bring your own (nonalcoholic) beverages and/or snacks to share.
- Postcard campaigns are to be determined according to availability, with priority given to local WA races (Postcards4WA). Writers are encouraged (but not required) to sign up with Postcards4WA before the event: https://bit.ly/P4WA22-Signup
- Donations are appreciated to cover the costs of stamps (currently $0.44 per postcard stamp) and supplies; you may also provide your own stamps/supplies.
- If needed, please pick up a sponsored packet at no cost with our thanks for volunteering your time to write postcards! On the other hand, if you have more money than free time, please consider sponsoring a packet for someone else to write. We are all in this together.
- If you would like to pick up a packet but can’t join the event, please email us (see below) to arrange a different pickup time.
- There is ample free parking at the park. Bus #230, 231, and 255 stop about two blocks away.
- This is a family-friendly location with activities for kids of all ages (playground and beach). There are many nearby restaurants, cafes, and shops.
- We look forward to seeing you! Email Elizabeth at email@example.com with any questions.