Letterwriting Resources 2022
What It’s All About
In multiple randomized trials, voters who received a letter were significantly more likely to vote. Our daily lives have changed with physical distancing, and our Get Out the Vote efforts need to follow suit! Here’s a Video of Seattle area Indivisibles participating in The Big Send in October 2020 where Indivisible Eastside members mailed 11,500 letters!
How to participate
For those already writing, log completed Letters on IE’s Postcards and Letterwriting Log
Ready to join the effort? You will be customizing pre-printed letters in your own home. Additionally, you can join our online Zoom meetings to connect with others, hear updates of how many letters have been written, get questions answered, share insights. Starting May 15th we’ll meet every two weeks on Zoom. Register once and you’ll receive an automatic reminder the day before each meeting. Attend one, or all! Register HERE to attend.
2. Make sure you have a working printer and paper, as you will print the letters from home. Alternatively, you can download the .pdf from votefwd.org and have it printed.
3. Gather your supplies:
- Pen (blue ink recommended)
- If needed, sponge and water for sealing envelopes (don’t lick the seal – self sealing envelopes preferred!)
- Optional: snacks and drinks!
- Envelopes & Stamps*
*We strongly suggest ordering your stamps and envelopes from the USPS online store in order to assist with funding their ongoing service:
4. Plan to spend about an hour customizing your batch of 20 letters. You can choose which state to write for on the VoteForward site
6. We will be holding our letters until our mail date in late October.
If you have never done this or have any other questions, we can help! Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The letters we write this year will strengthen our democracy by encouraging millions of voters to make their voices heard on election day. Thank you for being part of this important work.
Indivisible Eastside’s groups
Between March 1 and Oct 25 2020 our group members have completed 11,500 letters and 45,000 postcards. Join us!