January 2019 Resources
62 people responded to our 2019 survey giving us valuable insights into who we are and where we’re taking our activism.
- Visit the 2019 Resources page for detailed ways to get involved.
- Visit Survey Results page to see some of the results.
There are many different types of resources available on the internet to help us in influencing our Members of Congress and resisting Donald Trump. Here are some useful tools.
- Have you read the Mueller report? Most of us have not, but most of us would agree it’s an important document to have first hand knowledge of if one is to engage in any sort of thoughtful discussion. There are some excellent resources you can use to review then deepen your understanding.
- Read or Listen to the Mueller Report Executive Summary
- Read Notes on the Mueller Report: A Reading Diary – by Benjamin Wittes, editor in chief of Lawfare and a Senior Fellow in Governance Studies at the Brookings Institution.
- Brush up on your civics for a deeper understanding of the Three Branches of Government.
- Contacting your Member of Congress has never been easier with Contacting Congress!
- Review a Congressional member’s voting history at Vote Smart.
- Research a Congressional member’s biggest campaign contributors at Open Secrets.
- 📄 Indivisible On Offense Guide
- 📄 Indivisible States Guide and Indivisible States Slidedeck
- 📆 Washington State Legislative Calendar
- 🔧 Washington State District Finder
- 📆 US Senate Calendar, US House Of Representatives Calendar
- 🔧 Take Action Network to organize and track your Activism.
- 📆 The Stranger’s Resistance Calendar
- 📄 Friends of Washington Monthly Newsletter
- Consult the Resistance Manual for an extensive open source “Wikipedia-like” information and action guide. It covers a wide range of issues.
- Use GovTrack to help track legislation being debated in the United States Congress.
- Check out this memo addressing how to prepare for a Town Hall meeting with your MoC (a version tailored for our group is being created).
- Looking for more actions to call about? Check out 5 calls.org and The 65.
State Leg Contact and Committee info for our 5 districts. Find Your District
|1||Sen. Palumbo, Guy||(360) 786-7600||contact||Higher Education & Workforce Development (Chair)
• Environment, Energy & Technology (Vice Chair)
• Ways & Means
|1||Rep. Stanford, Derek||(360) 786-7928||contact||Commerce & Gaming – (Chair)
• Consumer Protection & Business
|1||Rep. Kloba, Shelley||(360) 786-7900||contact||Innovation, Technology & Economic Development – (Vice Chair)
• Commerce & Gaming
|5||Sen. Mark Mullet||(360) 786-7608||contact||Majority Whip
• Financial Institutions, Economic Development & Trade (Chair)
• Ways & Means (Capital Budget Cabinet)
• Early Learning & K-12 Education
|5||Rep. Bill Ramos||(360) 786-7852||contact||College & Workforce Development
• Rural Development, Agriculture, & Natural Resources
|5||Rep. Lisa Callan||(360) 786-7876||contact||Human Services & Early Learning (Vice Chair)
• Capital Budget
|41||Sen. Wellman, Lisa||(360) 786-7641||contact||Early Learning & K-12 Education (Chair)
• Environment, Energy & Technology
• Higher Education & Workforce Development
• Labor & Commerce
|41||Rep. Senn, Tana||(360) 786-7894||contact||Appropriations
• Human Services & Early Learning (chair)
• Local Government
|41||Rep. My-Linh Thai||(360) 786-7926||contact||Civil Rights & Judiciary
• Health Care & Wellness
|45||Sen. Dhingra, Manka||(360) 786-7672||contact||Behavioral Health Subcommittee to Health & Long Term Care (Chair)
• Law & Justice (Vice Chair)
• Health & Long Term Care
|45||Rep. Goodman, Roger||(360) 786-7878||contact||Public Safety – (Chair)
• Civil Rights & Judiciary
• Human Services & Early Learning
|45||Rep. Springer, Larry||(360) 786-7822||contact||Appropriations
• Rural Development, Agriculture & Natural Resources
|48||Sen. Kuderer, Patty||(360) 786-7694||contact||Housing Stability & Affordability (Chair)
• State Government, Tribal Relations & Elections (Vice Chair)
• Law & Justice
|48||Rep. Slatter, Vandana||(360) 786-7936||contact||College & Workforce Development
• Innovation, Technology & Economic Development
• Transportation (2nd Vice Chair)
|48||Rep. Amy Walen||(360) 786-7848||contact||Civil Rights & Judiciary
• Consumer Protection & Business
Other Local Groups
Indivisible maintains a map of Indivisible Groups around the country. Enter your zip code to search
Good News Links
To keep our motivation, review just how much has been accomplished.